The repair and maintenance of our properties is the joint responsibility of both the tenant and Tinteán. Please consult your Tenant Handbook for full details.
How to log A Repair
You can now log a repair online using our handy Repair Request Form.
Please provide us with as much detail as you can about the repair, for example:
- Where is the problem located (i.e. in the living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom or other);
- What exactly the problem is;
- When and how the problem occurred.
All repairs, except emergency repairs, can be logged on this page by filling out our Repair Request Form. Any work that is the responsibility of Tinteán will be carried out in order of priority and according to the level of urgency.
You should only use the Emergency service in either of two circumstances:
- If there is major damage to your home and if that damage creates a risk to safety of your household and building;
- If the Tinteán office is closed.
It is not to be used for minor repairs.
Please contact either of the following, as appropriate:
- Carlow Town Area: Tom Dormer on 086 3112347
- Tullow Area: John Maher on 087 8115743 or 059 9151629
This service if for real emergencies which, left unattended until the offices open, are likely to cause possible injury or serious danger to health.
In order to help you maintain your home in the best possible condition, below are some useful tips. If you would like any further advice or assistance, please contact the Tinteán Office staff who will be happy to help.
Condensation occurs when moist air reaches a cold surface and is one of the most common causes of dampness and mould growth. This moisture is usually caused by steam from cooking, washing, bathing, showering, drying clothes etc. Condensation causes walls, ceilings and sometimes floors to become damp and discoloured due to mould growth on their surfaces. Some tips on how to reduce condensation include:
- Heat and ventilate the dwelling
- When cooking and washing, use an extraction fan and keep internal doors closed. When you are finished, open a window to ventilate the room
- Keep the lid on saucepans as they boil and do not leave kettles boiling for long periods
- Do not block built in ventilators
- Dry clothes outside as much as possible (but not on balconies
- Avoid the use of paraffin and gas heaters if there is a problem with condensation
All our properties are fitted with smoke detectors for your safety and protection. There are two types:
- Battery operated – These smoke detectors have a removable battery that is guaranteed for a certain number of years after which they must be replaced.
- Mains operated – these look and work like battery operated alarms but are wired to your electricity supply with a rechargeable battery back up.
Please note that you should test your smoke detector every week. To test your smoke detector, press the button until the alarm sounds.
Gas Safety Advice
If you believe gas is escaping inside your home:
- Open the windows to ventilate your home;
- Do not switch on or off any electrical appliance or light switch;
- Find the gas meter and turn off the gas mains supply;
- Do not smoke or use a naked flame
Contact Bord Gáis (now called Ervia) immediately on 1850 20 50 50 to report the leak.
See the Bord Gáis website for more information. www.bordgais.ie